Friday 10 December 2010

Planning - Script

ACROSS THE SCREEN: ‘Stalked’

EXT. STREET – NIGHT
Two teenage boys are walking home with their girlfriends.

SCARLETT
No way, I don’t believe it.

CRAIG
It’s true!

SHAUN
Bullshit.

CRAIG
It is True! I saw it on TV… The man walked in with his wife on the kitchen floor, a pool of blood surrounding her, several blows to the head and her wrists slit… they say that the killer is still out their, they could not trace them, they could still be lurking these shadows watching every person walk by, who knows…
(Grabs Lilly to make her jump)
We could be next!

LILLY
(Hits Craig and pushes him away)
I’m actually glad that I don’t walk that way with you now.

SHAUN
(Teasingly)
We could always walk you home, give you some more details…

LILLY
No, I can be scared shitless walking home on my own, without you telling me scary stories, thanks.

CRAIG
(Teasingly)
Stop bulling her – you know she’s going to be first out of all of us.

LILLY
(Walks ahead moodily)
If I do die first, I’m going to haunt you for this!

CRAIG runs after her and wraps his arms around her waist, stopping her from continuing to walk. SHAUN and SCARLETT catch up.

SHAUN
You would only haunt us if one of us was the killer.
SCARLETT
(Cuddling up to SHAUN)
You wouldn’t be capable of murder. You’re way too soft.

SHAUN
You never know.

The four of them walk in an awkward silence for a few seconds.
CRAIG
Lills, you want us to walk you back?

LILLY
After those stories? I feel safer walking alone than with you two.
(Gestures to SHAUN and CRAIG)

SCARLETT
I could walk you back. That way, I’m not left with them.

LILLY
No, it’s fine. I only live up there anyway. See you tomorrow?

SCARLETT
I’ll be at yours for 10.

CRAIG
If you live that long…
(Nudges SHAUN)

LILLY
(Jokingly)
I hope you die.
(Leans in to kiss CRAIG)

LILLY walks the other way to the rest of them. She makes her way to her house, but has that feeling of being watched, keeps turning round to check what’s behind her. When she arrives home, she opens her door and steps through.

No comments:

Post a Comment